1. One of the daughters of Oceanus and Tethys. (Hes. Theog. 360 ; Hom. Hymn. in Cer. 420; Paus. iv. 30. § 3.)
2. A daughter of the centaur Cheiron. (Ov. Met. ii. 638; Hygin. Poet. Astr. ii. 18; Eratosth. Catast. 18.)
3. A nymph of Samos who sought to escape Apollo by fleeing the island on a boat. But the god turned the vessel to stone and transformed its skipper Pompilus into a pilot fish.
4. A nymph of the river Sangarius and the mother of Hippasus by Hippomedon.
5. A Colchian nymph who was the mother of Phasis by the sun-god Helius.
6. The mother of Caïcus by the god Hermes.